Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When will my family of squirrels next have their babies?

ok, i have a family of squirrels living in my attic, and the mother just had some babies. they fit in the palm of my hand and their eyes were open. I saw these babies again on june 23rd in my porch and they were full grown and jumping from rafter to rafter, very coordinated. I know that squirrels lots of times have a second litterin a year, when would this mother squirrel have her next litter? and at what age do baby squirrels open their eyes?





please don't tell be to get rid of the squirrels in my attic, i already know the damage they do but i will not hurt them





thanks a lotWhen will my family of squirrels next have their babies?
Squirrels are the most active in late winter, when the mating season begins.The period of gestation varies from 33 days , up to 60 days.A second litter can occur in mid summer, if there is an adequate food supply. They are born in the early spring. A female squirrel will choose the strongest male during mating season, but is unlikely to breed with that male again.They do not have hair or teeth, and are virtually blind for the first six to eight weeks.When will my family of squirrels next have their babies?
transfer them to another home first. theyll open theure eyes after a week
when the mommy and daddy squirrels get it goin on
you will have some new brothers and sisters next spring

No comments:

Post a Comment