Friday, August 6, 2010

What do rabbit, squirrel,chipmunk, etc. nests and the babies look like? Are they all born hairless?

I think I found a rabbit nest in my yard. Before he realized what it was, my hubby moved it around with a shovel. There is fur covering the hole and the baby animal was hairless. I found a rabbit nest last summer while mowing the yard and there were at least 7 babies, this time I could only see the one. Is this a rabbit nest or could it be something else and how long before the mother comes back? We have cats that live outdoors! I locked one cat in the garage and I am not sure where the others are. It is also windy outside and the hair covering the hole in the ground is being blown away. Will the little critter be able to stay warm? ANy thoughts?What do rabbit, squirrel,chipmunk, etc. nests and the babies look like? Are they all born hairless?
might be anything and let nature take it's natural course act like you would if there wasn't a nest because if weren't there nature would just take it's natural course some will make it and others won'tWhat do rabbit, squirrel,chipmunk, etc. nests and the babies look like? Are they all born hairless?
it does sound like a rabbit and yes they are born bald.just put things back as well as you can then leave well alone.we did this with some shrews and the mother not only returned but moved the nest.good luck
no

No comments:

Post a Comment