Friday, August 6, 2010

My baby squirrels have a yellowish stool that isn't firm. I think that's unhealthy and I was thinking..

of switching them to Esbilac Puppy Formula. I was wondering if there were any other ways to ensure that my squirrels stay healthy and happy beside the obvious keeping them warm? Also, I've been giving them a drop of honey every few days to raise their ability to stay warm, though I detect no progress. Is that okay?My baby squirrels have a yellowish stool that isn't firm. I think that's unhealthy and I was thinking..
you can probably order squirrel formula, soy baby formula that is for peoples babies is what they recommend for small pets or u could mix it with the cat and dog food, u should also put honey in it. You are taking good care of them, I bet they are glad to have you. They probably have direah.My baby squirrels have a yellowish stool that isn't firm. I think that's unhealthy and I was thinking..
Are these wild squirrel babies that you rescued? If so, please get them to a wildlife rehab center ASAP! A friend of mine is a wildlife rehabber and regularly takes care of orphan squirrels. Apparently they have very sensitive stomachs and require specific nursing formulas which have to change at certain stages of growth. It all sounded very hard and it really should only be done by someone who is properly trained.





If you aren't sure who to call, ask vets or shelters in your area. They should know wildlife rehab groups in your area.
even though i hate squirrels (tramatic experience long time ago when i was 7... LONG STORY) ummm i think you should take the squirrels to an animal rescue facility of some sort like the ASPCA. like the girl above me stated, baby squirrels have sensitive stomachs and need proper care from a professional. You can always visit them.
  • trilogy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment