Saturday, August 21, 2010

Baby squirrels in the attic?

We figured out that there was a squirrel in the attic, so we closed of all possible entry ways, which did the job in keeping it out. Now I believe her babies are still in the attic, because for 2 days, she has been determined to get back in, trying to make new holes, etc. I can hear her going all over the roof and 'chattering', maybe calling, to locate the babies. I don't hear anything in the attic now, but is it possible they are so small that I can't hear them running around? Also, what would be the best way to get them out...our crawl space is too small to get to them, and am afraid if we set a trap, we will just get the mother and the babies will die. Argh...any suggestions???Baby squirrels in the attic?
Just like the answer I gave a minute ago. Reopen the entrance until the babies are weaned and then close it in the morning when mama takes family foraging. RScottBaby squirrels in the attic?
I agree with RScott that's what I would do also you need to do it kinda soon the babies can dehydrate quickly with out momma.... Maybe you can see or hear where she goes up there and watch for her one day..... Make her a nice house outside put food by it and see if you can't entice her to move the babies out.... Squirrels can do a lot of damage to wiring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment